Thought I would do a review of where the portfolio stands.
As at end June I am +13.8% for the year, roughly matching the FTSE AS at c12%. it has been far more volatile than is usual, pre-fed comments on tightening sooner than the market expected, I was up closer to 20%. The volatility is driven by the large exposure to natural resource co’s and volatility resulting from their underlying commodity feeding through to share prices, which are, in turn, even more volatile.
Continue reading “H1 2021 Review / Portfolio +13.8%”
A very quiet quarter for me. I have made very few changes. This is being written a few days before the end of September so figures may differ slightly, but baring an unexpected disaster / triumph this is roughly where I will be…
- Got rid of EOS Russia – no real reason – it just hadn’t performed well and a realized loss is good to manage my CGT position. I may well re-enter.
- Sold some Beximco on a ridiculous spike buying some of it back lower down – I will refill my position again lower down.
- Sold a bit of CMC Markets – as my position was a bit big and wanted to buy other things.
- Sold half my SERE on a dip – this was an unwise panicking out on something of a headfake. Could be summer ‘silly season’ low volume move. I am noticing more stocks than usual falling with no reason.
- Sold half GPSS to take some profit.
- Most impactful change was buying 4D Pharma in the placement. This has done brilliantly for me – more later.
My portfolio is below:
Continue reading “Q3 2020 Review +12%, + 39% YTD”
Lots going on in the portfolio so I thought I would give a quick update.
At the end of Q1 I was +4% ytd, now (14/4/2020) I am c+11%. This should be compared to the index which is -c22% now, at the low I was down c5% for the year. I feel a little bad posting this as lots of this is from non-usual (for me) trades… Many of these, I put on Twitter, unfortunately, I can’t post everything as it may move prices against me, particularly where I only sell half. I know many of you are not twitter followers. If you would like an e-mail when I tweet there is a service for that here.
Continue reading “Q1 Portfolio/Performance update (+11%) Coronavirus and thoughts on where to go from here”