A very quiet quarter for me. I have made very few changes. This is being written a few days before the end of September so figures may differ slightly, but baring an unexpected disaster / triumph this is roughly where I will be…
- Got rid of EOS Russia – no real reason – it just hadn’t performed well and a realized loss is good to manage my CGT position. I may well re-enter.
- Sold some Beximco on a ridiculous spike buying some of it back lower down – I will refill my position again lower down.
- Sold a bit of CMC Markets – as my position was a bit big and wanted to buy other things.
- Sold half my SERE on a dip – this was an unwise panicking out on something of a headfake. Could be summer ‘silly season’ low volume move. I am noticing more stocks than usual falling with no reason.
- Sold half GPSS to take some profit.
- Most impactful change was buying 4D Pharma in the placement. This has done brilliantly for me – more later.
My portfolio is below:
Continue reading “Q3 2020 Review +12%, + 39% YTD” →
Lots going on in the portfolio so I thought I would give a quick update.
At the end of Q1 I was +4% ytd, now (14/4/2020) I am c+11%. This should be compared to the index which is -c22% now, at the low I was down c5% for the year. I feel a little bad posting this as lots of this is from non-usual (for me) trades… Many of these, I put on Twitter, unfortunately, I can’t post everything as it may move prices against me, particularly where I only sell half. I know many of you are not twitter followers. If you would like an e-mail when I tweet there is a service for that here.
Continue reading “Q1 Portfolio/Performance update (+11%) Coronavirus and thoughts on where to go from here” →
A couple of weeks ago I bought a very small (just over 1%) (probably too small) portfolio weight in 4D Pharma at 247p per share.
This is very much an experiment for me – its the first pharma stock I have ever bought in my 17 years investing.
DDDD are a company involved in developing remedies related to bio-theraputics. This is using the body’s own bacteria / product of that bacteria to heal. They are initially focused on gastrointestinal issues.
Continue reading “$DDDD 4D Pharma – an experiment” →